Undergraduate University Students
July 2, 2018
Please read the Guidelines document (below) for further details. Acceptable fields of study are:
(1) Social Sciences and Humanities
(2) Natural Sciences
The general timeline for this scholarship application/ selection process is as follows:
April: Applications become available
June: Applications are due
Mid-June: Interviews and testing for selected candidates
February: Selected scholarship recipient finalized and informed
March: Arrangements made for scholar (school, travel, accommodations, etc.)
April: Scholarship recipient departs
2019 application deadline has passed. Applications were due by Monday, June 4, 2018.
Interview and Test
Testing and interviews occur on the same day. You will be contacted directly by the MEXT Scholarship Coordinator to inform you both if you are or are not invited to appear for an interview and testing including any pertinent details. You should be contacted via email.
Scholarship Application Forms
- Please ensure that you read ALL information contained in the Guidelines.
- Only complete application packets will be considered / reviewed.
- Application materials should all arrive at the Consulate in one complete packet.
- Letters of reference should be accompanied by the provided cover letter in an unopened envelope with the recommender’s signature across the back flap.
* If you have extenuating or unusual circumstances that require an alternate presentation of your application materials, please call the MEXT Scholarship office.